Monday 6 October 2008

Views of the Shropshire Hills

10 Hills in 8 days

This was my ambitious plan for a weeks walking in Shropshire. Well I thought it was ambitious until I read that someone attempted to do all ten hills in one day. All my plans fell apart when I put my foot in a rabbit hole and sprained my ankle. I managed to hobble the three miles back to the van but further walking was not possible.

I did however managed six hills in five days, walking over 30 miles, and climbing over 6100 feet of ascent, roughly eight times the height of Canary Wharf or the equivalent of Ben Nevis and bit extra.

The Shropshire Hills are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and are well worth a visit if you have never been. They are uncrowded and unspoilt.

2 comments:

Jackie Buckle said...

Fab pictures Jill. What beautiful weather you had

Unknown said...

Looks lovely. A nice change from Farringdon!